Monday, January 31, 2005

Kerry stumbles on Russert Questions

John Kerry appeared on Tim Russert's Meet the Press yesterday. John Kerry is apparently still campaigning. I thought losers of elections should be quiet. Obviously the majority of Americans didn't like his ideas and his viewpoints. Russert isn't a total pasty for the liberal left and can ask some tougher questions of Democrats. Here he tripped up Kerry:

MR. RUSSERT: Do you believe that Iraq is less a terrorist threat to the United States now than it was two years ago?

SEN. KERRY: No, it's more. And, in fact, I believe the world is less safe today than it was two and a half years ago. And, you know, I think this is one of the difficulties of what I tried to carry in the course of the campaign....

However, the VERY NEXT QUESTION, Russert asks Kerry essentially the SAME question, yet Kerry provides a DIFFERENT response.

MR. RUSSERT: Is the United States safer with the newly elected Iraqi
government than we would have been with Saddam Hussein?

SEN. KERRY: Sure. And I'm glad Saddam Hussein is gone, and I've said that a hundred times....

So Russert asks Kerry the same question, yet he answers differently. According to Kerry, Iraq is more a terror threat than it was two years ago (with Saddam), yet it safer without Saddam. Are you confused? Perhaps Kerry doesn't exactly know where he stands, but is just spouting off lines given to him by advisors. Transcript

No comments: