Monday, May 22, 2006

On Meeting Bill

On Saturday, Bill Clinton gave a speech in Austin (see below story), and attend a lunch reception back in Houston, which I happened to be at. First off, let me say, I've never been a Clinton fan, since he is an ex-president, I did like meeting him. He is a great politican, though. When Bill walks into a room, he exudes charisma. He smiles, does photos, shakes hands, etc. He knows how to work a room and can really capture it. I've also met Hillary, but she isn't the campaigner he is. He looks a lot thinner than he did 10 years ago. He's rather tall but I have a few inches on him. I got a picture with him, but don't think I'll post it just yet.



He even chats it up with the wait staff.



I don't agree at all with what he said below, but it seems that politicians move left or right once they are out of office and wish to reclaim some spotlight. Newt Gingrich is now doing the same thing from the right.

AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - Former President Bill Clinton said on Saturday global warming is a greater threat to the future than terrorism and that the United States and other countries must "get off our butts" and do something about it.

Clinton, speaking to the graduating class at University of Texas' Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, said the United States must pursue policies that make "more partners and fewer enemies" and use "institutionalized cooperation" before there is catastrophic damage from global warming.

No comments: