Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"If she was a Conservative" Part Deux

Continuing with the "If she was a Conservative" series.....

She's is cool and collected, while a conservative would have "struggled to defend."




http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090714/ap_on_go_su_co/us_deconstructing_sotomayor

More troubling than the "wise Latina" comment is the "ooops, I'm on video" quote:

"All of the legal defense funds out there, they’re looking for people with Court of Appeals experience. Because it is — Court of Appeals is where policy is made. And I know, and I know this is on tape and I should never say that, because we don’t make law. I know. OK, I know. I know. I’m not, I’m not promoting it and I’m not advocating it. I’m, you know. OK. Um. [Laughs]"


The video clearly shows her being smug and her letting out the secret that everyone knows. The AP brushes this off as: Her suggestion that appeals court judges don't just interpret the law, they help make it? Taken out of context.

No comments: